Your home and winter. Like our northern friends, we Floridians should also prepare for the changes of the season. Here are some suggested items that you may want to look at.
· Heating system: clean and check.
· Air-conditioning: the condensate drain builds up with dust and mold so now is a great time to simply add a little bleach.
· Pests are looking for a place to go. Use a good pesticide and spray it around the exterior of your house, plants and ground cover.
· Check the weather-stripping on the doors and windows. The bottom gets a lot of wear and might need to be replaced.
· Our yards take a beating here in the south. We have frost some mornings and it can be hot a day later. Treat problem areas with weed and feed and by spring, your yard will be looking good.
· Fireplaces are a must check. Gas and wood burning both must be checked for proper venting. For gas, check for any leaks & make sure that there is a proper flame when burning.